Bigtop, mail # dev - Re: [DISCUSSION] Bigtop based apps: how to get maven deps right?

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2014-01-23, 22:05
Re: [DISCUSSION] Bigtop based apps: how to get maven deps right?
Jay Vyas 2014-01-23, 22:25
Well, on bigpetstore which I'm writing to target bigtop, I have trouble setting up a maven repo with the right dependencies because there are many ecosystem projects.

I want to know that my dev environment matches the cluster deployment environment.

To do that id like it if there was a maven archetype I could use to build a stub project.  I'm actually planning to make bigpetstore into this archetype app.... So in order to do that I need a systematic way to define the pulled in maven dependencies.

Makes sense?

> On Jan 23, 2014, at 5:04 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Jay,
>
> I don't think we've been doing bigtop publishing like ever. All use cases that
> we had were clearly covered by simple local installation of the artifacts.
>
> I think it might be a good time to start doing the publishing of the official
> Bigtop artifacts to mavencentral.
>
> Could you get a bit deeper into this whole idea of the applications? I am
> interested to hear more ;)!
>
> Thanks,
>  Cos
>
>> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 03:46PM, Jay Vyas wrote:
>> Hi bigtop.
>>
>> If I want to build an app against bigtop.... Is there a maven repo I can
>> point to that has all the version stuff figured out?
>>
>> As we all know: it's hard to build hadoop apps and test them in a dev
>> environment that matches the classpath of cluster environment... I think
>> bigtop as a distribution might be able to support something like a
>> maven-archetype for bigtop based app development.?

+
Mark Grover 2014-01-24, 23:28
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2014-01-26, 07:51