Bigtop >> mail # user >> does anyone else want a higher level interface to smokes

Re: does anyone else want a higher level interface to smokes
Hi!

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi folks..
>
> In the end for our smoke tests, i have a shell script that wraps the maven
> stuff.
>
> Anyone else want the same thing?  Or are you folks all happy using
> mvn verify?

I was just thinking along the very same lines, actually. I think the
key to realize about iTest in bigtop is that there are multiple
entry points into running a test and mvn verify is just one of them.

Hence -- I'd be very interested in seeing your script submitted
to a JIRA.

I have a few scripts of my own (tiny little things) and it would
be interesting to see how much common functionality we can
all have in bigtop.

> - I think a single properties.txt file + bash script would make bigtop
> smokes way more accessible and easy to run.
>
> - Also simpler error tracing (without having to dive into maven target/
> dirs).
>
> I can work to make these wrappers as a start to this.  but first want to get
> a feel if anyone else running the smokes would use a shell script wrapper
> preferentially.

Please file a JIRA and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Roman.