Bigtop >> mail # user >> Generating Relocatable RPMS

Re: Generating Relocatable RPMS
I wonder if relocatable DEBs are possible. (Some quick googling suggests
not?) If not, relocatable RPMs would be a substantial amount of work for a
half measure.

I also think that if looking for deployment vehicles supporting concurrent
installation of multiple component versions, we'd be better served putting
project energy into LXC based deployment management and packaging. (That
could be _really_ interesting, if for example containers have a late
binding on dependencies, where they ask other containers during boot and
service discovery to supply them with packages to install... I know, a
crazy idea, not meant to lead this discussion off on a tangent)