Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Bigtop: generating fake data

Re: Bigtop: generating fake data
On 02/15/2014 06:19 AM, Jay Vyas wrote:

Hi Jay,

Generating fake data is an interesting idea and I don't see any reason
to not use that when appropriate.

Regarding having our own framework vs re-using a library, it depends.
Writing our own framework is an option if there is no existing APLv2
(-compatible?) library we can use or extend for our needs.
But writing code to facilitate such task would be welcome in any case.
Ex: map/reduce jobs that use jfairy to generate TBs of data.
Thanks,
Bruno