Bigtop >> mail # user >> Generating Relocatable RPMS

Re: Generating Relocatable RPMS
@Peter The relocatable RPMs are intended for installation rather than
binding/deploying to containers, so need to be able to configure the
installation directory.

Based on my understanding, BigTop makes the RPMs not relocatable because it
deploys multiple Hadoop related projects, the projects need to know where
to find the dependencies, thus making the RPMs relocatable requires much
work. Is it possible though, to generate a separate set of RPMs for
installation purposes, which are different than the ones generated
currently. (Just an idea based on my limited understanding of BigTop).

Thanks.