Bigtop, mail # user - Build platform for Bigtop

Build platform for Bigtop
Javi Roman 2014-01-28, 09:58
Hi!

I'm just starting to work with Bigtop and I'm going to ask some
trivial questions in order to lay the foundations for me, I hope you
can give me some clues!

1. Packaging (RPM/DEB):

Is there any configuration or command in Bigtop to make RPM packages
for CentOS 6 (for example) if I'm using a Fedora based host as
building platform? For example Fedora 18 is using RPM v4.10.1 and
CentOS 6.4 is using RPM v4.8.0. Due to Bigtop is using the system wide
command RPM, probably packages builds in Fedora are not suitables for
a CentOS 6.x system.

2. Hadoop versions:

The master branch of Bigtop has the version file "bigtop.mk" with
HADOOP_BASE_VERSION=2.0.6-alpha. For internal use, if I want to use
the last Hadoop stable version (2.2.0), which are the recommendations
in order to don't break the inter-component dependencies? By the way,
why Bigtop is not using Hadoop 2.2.0 as base version?

I have more questions, but I don't want boring you!

Many thanks and congratulations for this project.
Javi Roman