MapReduce >> mail # dev >> killApplication doesn't kill AppMaster

+
Bo Wang 2012-08-22, 23:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-22, 23:22
+
Bo Wang 2012-08-23, 00:20
Re: killApplication doesn't kill AppMaster

> I am not sure when to grab the stack trace of the AM. In the stdout/stderr
> of AM, no stack trace (or exception) is emitted.
You can login to the node and if the process is still alive, you can do a "kill -3" which will dump the threads' status to stderr.
> Btw, I am curious how NM kills a container. Does it directly kill the JVM
> process?
NM directly kills the JVM with a SIGTERM followed by a SIGKILL.

BTW, please also check the corresponding NM's logs if there is some exception/error which could mean a bug in NM code.

HTH,
+Vinod
+
Bo Wang 2012-08-29, 22:28
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-30, 00:23
+
Bo Wang 2012-08-30, 20:43
+
Bo Wang 2012-09-01, 00:12