MapReduce >> mail # dev >> killApplication doesn't kill AppMaster

Re: killApplication doesn't kill AppMaster

> I am not sure when to grab the stack trace of the AM. In the stdout/stderr
> of AM, no stack trace (or exception) is emitted.
You can login to the node and if the process is still alive, you can do a "kill -3" which will dump the threads' status to stderr.
> Btw, I am curious how NM kills a container. Does it directly kill the JVM
> process?
NM directly kills the JVM with a SIGTERM followed by a SIGKILL.

BTW, please also check the corresponding NM's logs if there is some exception/error which could mean a bug in NM code.

HTH,
+Vinod