Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: If you are wondering why site:site seems to take about a week ...

+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-11-20, 19:03
+
Benson Margulies 2012-11-20, 19:05
+
David Medinets 2012-11-20, 19:16
+
Josh Elser 2012-11-20, 19:59
+
David Medinets 2012-11-20, 20:48
+
Josh Elser 2012-11-20, 21:46
+
Benson Margulies 2012-11-21, 00:38
Re: If you are wondering why site:site seems to take about a week ...
That's interesting... because I was under the impression that the reporting
section is simply translated internally to configuration passed to the
maven-site-plugin. If this is not the case, I need to learn some more.
However, if it is the case, then, it seems more natural to not rely on the
correct translation of the reporting section to plugin configuration, and
just configure that plugin explicitly.

Perhaps I've misunderstood you. Were you suggesting ignoring the site build
entirely, as we're not really using it to generate a site, and just using
the various independent reporting tools to generate javadoc artifacts, code
coverage reports for Jenkins, etc., and avoid doing any site building
whatsoever? Because, I've heard that recommendation before also...
--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Benson Margulies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Christopher Tubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Moving to the natural Maven 3 usage of maven-site-plugin as a normal
> build
> > plugin, with configuration for reporting, instead of dealing with the
> > massive "reporting" section that gets mapped to the maven-site-plugin,
> may
> > also help.
>

> Just the opposite. As a member of the Maven PMC, I can sadly report
> that we currently recommend *against* that. It was not thought
> through, it doesn't work very well, and in particular it makes this
> problem worse.
>

> > --
> > Christopher L Tubbs II
> > http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
> >

> > On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> +1 For moving cobertura to its own profile, add something saying so to
> the
> >> readme/website, and let people decide when they want to activate it.

> irritating

+
Benson Margulies 2012-11-20, 19:22