Pig >> mail # user >> How can pig connect to the HBase in standalone mode?

Re: How can pig connect to the HBase in standalone mode?
I didn't set any configuration files for hbase and hdfs, as I used in
standalone mode. I used the function
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage() to load the data
from hbase to pig. And then I got the error messages. I checked the
log of pig and found this error:
java.net.ConnectException: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:9000 failed on
connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused.

As I mentioned before, I didn't set any configuration of both hdfs and
hbase. So I guess
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage() can't be used in
standalone mode. I think I have to write user defined function to
finish my task.

Thanks for your response!

Yong