Accumulo >> mail # user >> Getting the IP Address

+
Ravi Mutyala 2013-08-28, 15:38
+
Eric Newton 2013-08-28, 16:53
+
Marc Reichman 2013-08-28, 16:57
+
Sean Busbey 2013-08-28, 16:59
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-08-28, 17:03
+
Christopher 2013-08-28, 17:32
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-08-28, 17:44
Re: Getting the IP Address
We use this similar logic throughout a lot of our scripts for determining
the external facing IP address in a portable manner, it's just that the
init.d scripts are a bit more strict about it. This is the equivalent of
using the name defined in the slaves/masters/tracers/etc. files to
determine which port to report as.

Switching to a system that depends on DNS to succeed will fail for all
first time users, which is a penalty that will not be worth it. If someone
can find a better way to determine outward facing IP address I would love
to have it, but unfortunately networks are hard.

+
Christopher 2013-08-28, 19:00
+
John Vines 2013-08-28, 19:03