Accumulo, mail # dev - GSOC: Monitor Improvements

Re: GSOC: Monitor Improvements
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-04-22, 15:04
That sounds interesting. To clarify the requirement, we can have a process
that exposes the same JMX mbeans as the the real server and monitor can
plug in to this process.

Thanks,
Supun..
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That would be pretty sweet, actually. Potentially parallel to what you
> want to do, Supun, but cool nonetheless.
>
> I could see a lot of benefit by having some process that could emulate the
> output from a non-trivially-sized Accumulo cluster on a single box.
>

> On 4/22/13 10:43 AM, Eric Newton wrote:
>
>> You could mock the stats collection.
>>
>> -Eric
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM, David Medinets
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>**wrote:
>>
>>  The average developer probably can't access a large cluster with hundred
>>> of
>>> nodes. Is there a way to simulate this?
>>>

>>> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Another thing to consider is scale.  On large clusters (many hundreds of

Supun Kamburugamuva
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED];  Mobile: +1 812 369 6762
Blog: http://supunk.blogspot.com