Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop not updating incremental.last.value when used with "--hive-import"

+
Mason 2012-12-27, 20:46
Re: Sqoop not updating incremental.last.value when used with "--hive-import"
Hi Mason,
that seems as a bug to me. Would you mind opening a new JIRA [1] for that?

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:46:31PM -0800, Mason wrote:
> I'm using hive 0.9.0, hadoop 1.1.1, and sqoop 1.4.2.
>
> When I create a saved job to do an incremental import from a MySQL
> server and import into Hive using "--hive-import", it appears that the
> data is correctly imported, but that the incremental.last.value of the
> job is not updated, so re-executing the job just imports the same
> data.
>
> If I create a job that's identical in all respects, but leave off
> "--hive-import", it finishes with "INFO tool.ImportTool: Saving
> incremental import state to the metastore", as I'd expect, and does in
> fact update the incremental.last.value.
>
> Is this behavior a bug? Or does Sqoop just not support incremental
> imports into Hive?
>
> -Mason
+
Mason 2012-12-31, 19:03