HBase >> mail # dev >> Where is scanner startRow used

+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-15, 18:32
Re: Where is scanner startRow used
At client side see ScannerCallable where this is passed to
ServerCallable..  Based on this only which regions should be 1st scanned is
decided..
I think some time back also the prefix filter was discussed. At that time
also the conclusion was to use the start row. U can set a start row now
right?  Pls check the perf with this once.

-Anoop-
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone please point me to where Scan.startRow is being used ?
>
> From what I can see in HRegion.RegionScannerImpl, it is unused. A grep does
> not seem to return any valid entries. But my knowledge of this part is
> limited.
>
> We are debugging poor performance on prefix scans in tall schemas. If this
> is really an issue, I will open a JIRA...
>
> Varun

+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-15, 18:58
+