Pig >> mail # user >> Inserting date

Re: Inserting date
Mohit,

Is date a field in your dataset, or current date or something else? Few
options
   1. You could let Database implicitly create a date field if you need the
   INSERT date
   2. As Thejas suggested, simply insert it as '20120322' as date. I don't
   think DB has any dependency on understanding Pig types. It would be similar
   to loading a CSV file into a database.

Thanks,

Prashant