Accumulo >> mail # user >> Titan (graph database) Support For Accumulo?

+
David Medinets 2012-07-20, 14:08
+
William Slacum 2012-07-20, 14:15
+
John Vines 2012-07-20, 14:16
+
Jeremy Jenkins 2012-07-20, 16:53
+
Jim Klucar 2012-07-20, 16:56
Re: Titan (graph database) Support For Accumulo?
Incredibly poor choice of words (and quoting) on my part. The idea was
essentially "oh there's HBase code-- let's port it to Accumulo." The
HBase code is advertised as "not ready for production"
(https://github.com/thinkaurelius/titan/blob/master/src/main/java/com/thinkaurelius/titan/diskstorage/hbase/HBaseStorageManager.java).
I'll defer to Jason to make a more technical comment.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Jim Klucar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are looking at using Titan also. The developers have a lot of
> experience developing graph databases, so I expect good things.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 20, 2012, at 12:53 PM, Jeremy Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm currently using accumulo, and have been looking at Titan.  So, I
>> definitely have interest in both the integration as well as the
>> rationale behind "...he wasn't very impressed with Titan".
>>
>> Does anyone have any further information as to why?
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I had spoken with Jason last week, as he made the ticket for it (
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-638 ). I don't want to
>>> misquote him, but the short of it was that he doesn't think Titan is needing
>>> of Accumulo integration currently so he was planning on dropping it.
>>>
>>> John

+
Jason Trost 2012-07-22, 16:59