Hive, mail # user - Hive tmp logs

Re: Hive tmp logs
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-23, 21:55
Clarification
This property defines a file on HDFS
<property>
  <name>hive.exec.scratchdir</name>
  <value> /data01/workspace/hive scratch/dir/on/local/linux/disk</value>
</property>
From: Sanjay Subramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:23 PM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Cc: User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Re: Hive tmp logs

<property>
  <name>hive.querylog.location</name>
  <value>/path/to/hivetmp/dir/on/local/linux/disk</value>
</property>
From: Anurag Tangri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 11:56 AM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Cc: Hive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>, User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

Hi,
You can add Hive query log property in your hive site xml and point to the directory you want.

Thanks,
Anurag Tangri

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2013, at 11:53 AM, Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

Hi,

My hive job logs are being written to /tmp/hadoop directory. I want to change it to a different location i.e. a sub directory somehere under the 'hadoop' user home directory.
How do I change it.

Thanks,
Ra

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE