Pig >> mail # user >> jsonStorage and pig maps, not sure whats wrong with this?

jsonStorage and pig maps, not sure whats wrong with this?
If I have some information in A, that contains dt_dt and platform, I want
to store it in a different json format,
So I can create a simple new bag like this
X = FOREACH A GENERATE dt_dt as timestamp;
and it stores ok in JsonStorage
STORE X INTO '/user/rob/events.json' USING JsonStorage;

I want to create a json object containing a pig map, because in the json
object I want "@tags": platform,
I can create the map ok like this..
X = FOREACH A GENERATE dt_dt as timestamp,TOMAP('@tags',platform);

Describe and illustrate all show the pig data as expected.

describe x
x: {timestamp: chararray,map[]}

illustrate x
| x     | timestamp:chararray      | :map        |
|       | 2013-02-05               | {@tags=web} |

but it will not store using JsonStorage
STORE X INTO '/user/rob/events.json' USING JsonStorage;

Failed to parse: <line 1, column 15>  mismatched input '[' expecting
IDENTIFIER_L

I have tried without the @ to see if that was causing the error but get the
same result.
Any help much appreciated.