HBase >> mail # user >> FilterList: possible bug in getNextKeyHint

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-29, 04:22
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-29, 04:27
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-29, 17:49
Re: FilterList: possible bug in getNextKeyHint
Attached are 2 patches: one of them is TestFail.patch where I show that the
behavior is not as expected. On the other hand, the second patch is with
the changes that I did to FilterList and the behavior is as expected.

I have tested the state maintenance on two filters that implement
getNextKeyHint but not on 3. I doubt that would break though. The part that
I am most skeptical about is MUST_PASS_ONE since we can't bail out the
filterKeyValue call as soon as we see the SEEK_NEXT_USING_HINT and so need
that extra if statement before returning the ReturnCode.

Let me know if something is not clear or as expected.

Thanks,
Viral

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looking into FilterList#filterKeyValue() and FilterList#getNextKeyHint(),
> they both iterate through all the filters.
>
> Suppose there are 3 or more filters in the FilterList which implement
> getNextKeyHint(), how would the state be maintained ?
>
> Cheers

+
Ted Yu 2013-07-29, 23:36
+