Pig, mail # user - Run a job async

Re: Run a job async
Alan Gates 2013-01-24, 16:37
If you're looking for an app server for Pig I'd take a look at a couple of other projects already out there that can do this:

1) webhcat (fka Templeton, now part of the HCatalog project).  It provides a REST API that launches Pig, Hive, or MR jobs and allows you to manage them, get results, etc.  It's in HCatalog 0.5, which is in the release candidate state.  You can go to http://people.apache.org/~travis/hcatalog-0.5.0-incubating-candidate-1/ and pick up the release candidate.

2) Oozie.  Oozie's a workflow engine for Hadoop, but it also supports submission of single Pig or MR jobs via REST.  It may be a little heavyweight for what you want but it works.

Alan.