MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Fair Scheduler is not Fair why?

Re: Fair Scheduler is not Fair why?
Validate your scheduler capacity and behavior by using sleep jobs. Submit
sleep jobs to the pools that mirror your production jobs and just check
that the scheduler pool allocation behaves as you expect. The nice thing
about sleep is that you can mimic your real jobs: numbers of tasks and how
long they run.

You should be able to determine that the hypothesis posed on this thread is
correct: that all the slots are taken by other tasks. Indeed, your UI says
that research has 90 running tasks after having completed over 4000, but
your emails says no tasks are scheduled. I'm a little confused.

Jeff