Pig >> mail # user >> pass configuration param to UDF

pass configuration param to UDF
Hi all,

I was reading this:

http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/udf.html#Passing+Configurations+to+UDFs

It sounded like I can pass some configuration or context to the UDF but I
can't figure out how I would do that after I searched quite a bit on
internet and past discussion.

In my UDF, I can also do this:

                UDFContext context = UDFContext.getUDFContext();
                Properties properties context.getUDFProperties(this.getClass());

so if the context is set on the front end, supposedly, it will be in that
properties object. But how do I set it on the front end or whichever way to
pass it to UDF?

Thanks!
Dexin