Sqoop >> mail # user >> Mapper hook

+
Christian Romming 2013-10-22, 19:19
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-10-24, 15:08
Thanks, Jarek. Do you mean letting another process manage the SSH tunnel,
and having the JDBC connection from the mappers go through that one? We're
doing that now, but we'd prefer to have a less complex setup, avoid having
another HA mechanism, etc.

Thanks again.
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Christian,
> maybe a JDBC proxy would help in your use case?
>
> Jarcec
>
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:19:39PM -0700, Christian Romming wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to connect to various DBs through a SSH tunnels. I'd like to set
> up
> > tunnels directly from each mapper. Is there an easy way to hook into the
> > mapper setup sequence so I can initialize the tunnel?
> >
> > Thanks!

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-10-25, 16:23