HBase, mail # user - Does MapReduce need HBase to be running?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-14, 18:51
+
Ted Yu 2012-11-14, 18:54
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-14, 19:03
+
Suraj Varma 2012-11-21, 08:19
Re: Does MapReduce need HBase to be running?
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-21, 13:30
Thanks Suraj.

Finally I had to keep my HBase on because I'm outputing in an HTable.

But I understand that if I only read from the parameters I'm getting,
I don't need HBase to be running. That's good to know.

JM