HBase >> mail # user >> Does MapReduce need HBase to be running?

Re: Does MapReduce need HBase to be running?
Thanks Suraj.

Finally I had to keep my HBase on because I'm outputing in an HTable.

But I understand that if I only read from the parameters I'm getting,
I don't need HBase to be running. That's good to know.

JM