Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [git] Documentation and Plan of Action

+
Josh Elser 2013-06-05, 03:04
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-06, 01:58
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 02:44
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-11, 11:16
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 12:55
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-11, 15:44
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 16:05
+
Christopher 2013-06-11, 16:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-12, 00:46
+
Christopher 2013-06-12, 19:49
+
David Medinets 2013-06-13, 02:45
+
Christopher 2013-06-13, 04:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-13, 02:59
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-11, 23:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 23:18
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-11, 23:25
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 23:39
+
Christopher 2013-06-12, 20:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-12, 22:15
+
Christopher 2013-06-12, 23:09
+
Drew Farris 2013-06-13, 01:05
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-13, 01:16
+
David Medinets 2013-06-13, 02:48
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-13, 02:52
+
Drew Farris 2013-06-13, 01:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-13, 02:00
Re: [git] Documentation and Plan of Action

On 06/12/2013 07:09 PM, Christopher wrote:

>>> I did read the whole thing. I would like to see a place for the
>>> scenarios I contributed, but other than that, I think it's a
>>> sufficient plan for transition.
>> Are you planning to update it yourself or would you like me to? If you'd
>> like me to, please refresh my mind on the specifics :)
> Specifically, the scenarios in the suggestions file I attached to ACCUMULO-1498:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12586445/ctubbsii-git-suggestions.v1.txt
>
> I'd prefer you do it, just so a second pair of eyes can take a look
> and verify that the scenarios I describe match what you've already
> documented. Keep in mind that the example scenarios might grow (such
> as the scenario Mike Drob described above, and I'm sure there will be
> more we'll encounter and want to document as we make mistakes)... I
> don't know if that warrants a separate page, or just a dedicated
> section for "scenarios".

Added the first two situations to the bottom in a new header "Examples".
Added the third to the feature-branches discussion under
implementation>developers. I did change a few things from your txt file;
please verify.

Also tweaked an example to document usage of things like `git merge
--squash` and `git merge --no-commit`, re: Drew's comments.

Two last things I noticed in this go-around:

1. Link to Christopher's Maven instructions. Not critical -- we don't
them in CMS now anyways, so nothing gained, nothing lost.

2. Subject of notification emails. See
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/docs/switching-to-git.html#contents for
details:

I was thinking the following would be nice:

[%(repo_name)s]: %(shash)s - %(subject)s

e.g.

"ACCUMULO: 1a2b34 - ACCUMULO-12345 I fixed the bug!"

Copied again for your convenience:
http://people.apache.org/~elserj/git/git.html

- Josh
+