Hive >> mail # user >> Running a HiveClient with create external table HBase

+
Vivek Mishra 2010-12-03, 08:18
RE: Running a HiveClient with create external table HBase
Hi,
I found answer for this issue. It was related to metastore_db.  Server and client were on different metastore_db.

Vivek

From: Vivek Mishra
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 1:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Running a HiveClient with create external table HBase

Hi,
Currently I am facing random behavior while trying to create a java client for Hive hbase integration.
Case: I am trying to create a hive table for existing HBase table. So i have started hiveserver via  /hive -service hiveserver.     In logs I can see it is printing by my sql with "CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE". But somehow that table is not getting created in Hive. Interesting point is running the sql command from command line with Hive is running fine.

This behavior is random. Sometimes it shows me all created tables in Hive(when I use "SHOW TABLES").

Does it have  something to do with 'metastore_db'?
Any idea?

Register for Impetus Webinar on 'Building Highly Scalable and Flexible SaaS Solutions' on Dec 10 (10:00 a.m. PT).

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling.