Accumulo, mail # dev - StatsIterator - what is the significance of 23?

+
David Medinets 2013-09-04, 01:29
+
Christopher 2013-09-04, 02:16
Re: StatsIterator - what is the significance of 23?
Mike Drob 2013-09-04, 02:17
At a guess, it looks like a small prime intended to decrease the amount of
atomic operations.

Completely unrelated, but this made me think of Feynman and the mysterious
number 137.
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:29 PM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> At the risk of having overlooked something obvious, I was curious about the
> occurrence of 23 in the StatsIterator code:
>
>   public void next() throws IOException {
>     super.next();
>     numRead++;
>
>     if (numRead % 23 == 0) {
>       readCounter.addAndGet(numRead);
>       numRead = 0;
>     }
>   }
>
> I'm also wondering about the StatsIterator in general. The member variables
> are all private. They are incremented but never used.

+
John Vines 2013-09-04, 04:20
+
Michael Berman 2013-09-06, 18:27