Avro >> mail # user >> Design decision question about the Avro Java API

Re: Design decision question about the Avro Java API
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Francis Galiegue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, to have user code be aware that it can fail, for one ;)

Nearly any API call can fail.  Perhaps we should add it to the throws
clause of the method, so it's better documented and more folks think
to catch it?

> What do you think of my .parseChecked() proposal above?

Personally I think it complicates the API & implementation with little
benefit.  But if enough others disagree I could be persuaded
otherwise.

Doug