HDFS, mail # user - Re: Multiple nic interfaces on datanode

+
Charles Woerner 2013-11-29, 19:17
+
Adam Kawa 2013-11-29, 08:58
Re: Multiple nic interfaces on datanode
Siddharth Tiwari 2013-11-29, 10:23
Hi Team/ Adam

Thanks for the response
When you say to have rack awareness script on jobtracker, you mean I must have the script in jobtracker machines as well ? I am using jt ha, where I am using mr2 binaries for namenode ha and mr1 for jt ha. But do I need to put the script in  all four machines or jut Nn

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 29, 2013, at 6:58 AM, "Adam Kawa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> I have 2 nics on my datanodes, is it possible to used the one dedicated for replication and other for all other comunication i.e with jt and namenodes ?
>
> Please correct me, I am wrong, but I have never seen a support for that in Hadoop. DataNodes uses limited number of threads for balancing (afaik, 5 maximally + dfs.datanode.balance.bandwidthPerSec), so this way resources used for balancing can be limited.
>
>> Also eventhough I am using rackawareness script and dfsreport shows the racks jobtracker shows all tasktracker in default rack, how to correct that.
>
> We switched to YARN recently, so it is difficult for me to check it now.
> Do you have rack-awareness script deployed on the JobTracker machine?

+
Adam Kawa 2013-11-29, 19:14