Hadoop >> mail # dev >> trailing whitespace

Re: trailing whitespace
> I've never understood why folks get worked up over a little trailing
> whitespace here and there, since you can't see it and it doesn't affect
> correctness. Spurious whitespace changes that make a review harder - those
> are annoying. Trailing whitespace inadvertently left on lines where
> legitimate changes were made in a patch - doesn't seem too harmful to me.

Trailing whitespace is annoying because:
     if you have editor to set killing it, it will produce large patch.
     if use use scroll up at end of line, then cursor will not jump to
end of text but some space after it, it cost you more clicks for cursor
movement and it is annoying if it ends of split line.
     its good and standard practise to avoid it, git and other tools
highlight it in red.
     if you use ignore whitespace in git diff, it often produces patch
failing to apply

Trailing whitespace can be striped by pre-commit hook.