Pig, mail # user - ClassNotFoundException when loading a hbase table in mapreduce mode

ClassNotFoundException when loading a hbase table in mapreduce mode
Jinyuan Zhou 2012-11-20, 21:48
Hi,
I am using org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage to load from
hbase table in pig. it works in local mode. But when I was trying do it in
mapreduce mode. The mappers got the CalssNotFoundException.

[main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser - ERROR 2997: Unable to
recreate exception from backed error: Error:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.protobuf.Message

I installed hadoop, hbase, hive through brew on my mac osx mountain lion.
added hbase jar into PIG_CLASSPATH to be able to read load from hbase table
i local mode. Seems I am still missing some
Thanks,
Jack