HBase >> mail # user >> Merging regions issue

Re: Merging regions issue
Regards, Jean-Marc
On 12/04/2012 05:54 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
> Sorry for replying so quickly to myself.
>
> So, here is what I did.
>
> I had a table with only "few" lines". about 20 000.
>
> Table was split over 16 regions.
>
> I merged all the regions into one, then asked HBase via the HTML
> interface to split it until I got more than 64 regions.
>
> Then I tried to re-merged them all together again into a single one.
>
> Now, bin/hbase hbck is giving me 65 inconsistencies detected. for this table.
>
> All the inconsistencies are related to the table I played with.
>
> I don't know at what stage the issue happend, so it'S a bit difficult
> to reproduce, but seems something went wrong in the process.
>
> JM
>
> 2012/12/4, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> While merging many regions, I'm getting this error for some of them:
>>
>> 12/12/04 17:45:16 FATAL util.Merge: Merge failed
>> java.io.IOException: Files have same sequenceid: 75533866
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.merge(HRegion.java:4080)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Merge.merge(Merge.java:291)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Merge.mergeTwoRegions(Merge.java:242)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Merge.run(Merge.java:111)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Merge.main(Merge.java:387)
It seems there's an error with Merge process, because it' seems which is
repeating the ID for
files when you repeat the process of Merging regions.
Have you looked in HBASE's JIRAs about this problem?

--

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci