Flume >> mail # user >> Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel

Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel
Hi I'm running up against FLUME-1137 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1137) and am trying to determine the "lightest" way I can work around this.  That is, I want to be able to use the File channel without loading a lot of extraneous classes or having a full Hadoop install.

I'm capturing DNS query log info and sending it to a central server, so I'm using the exec source type to tail –F the query log, and avro sink type to send the messages on.

Suggestions for getting the File channel working?

Thanks.