Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'

+
Robert Evans 2013-03-25, 18:28
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-03-25, 19:01
+
sandy.ryza@... 2013-03-25, 19:23
+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-03-26, 04:34
+
Noah Slater 2013-03-25, 18:36
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-03-25, 18:43
+
Harsh J 2013-03-26, 15:23
+
Jonathan Eagles 2013-03-26, 15:14
+
Steve Loughran 2013-03-26, 08:35
+
Noah Slater 2013-03-26, 09:07
+
Robert Evans 2013-03-26, 14:01
+
Chris Douglas 2013-03-26, 15:49
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-26, 22:55
+
Matt Foley 2013-03-26, 23:26
Re: [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'
Thomas Graves 2013-03-26, 18:19
+1 (binding)

Tom

On 3/25/13 1:28 PM, "Robert Evans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>As per Aaron's request I am starting a new voting thread to make it
>obvious that there is a vote happening.
>
>I propose that we change the term "lazy consensus" to "consensus
>approval" (aka s/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi) in the bylaws so
>that it matches the terms used in the apache foundation glossary.  No
>actual change to our voting would take place, just the term we use to
>describe that voting.
>
>As per the by-laws this would take a "lazy majority" of active PMC
>members (although others are encouraged to speak up).
>
>Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1 votes and more
>binding +1 votes than -1 votes.
>
>Voting lasts 7 days, so it closes Monday April 1st (But this is not a
>joke).
>
>I am +1 (binding)
>
>--Bobby
+