Hadoop >> mail # dev >> CHANGES.txt out of sync in the different branches

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-04-01, 22:53
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-02, 06:46
Re: CHANGES.txt out of sync in the different branches
I started looking at this yesterday, MAPREDUCE CHANGES.txt is completely broken. I'll try to fix it and then send out a note once I am done.

Thanks,
+Vinod

On Apr 1, 2013, at 11:46 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:

> I've been looking at YARN and it seems to be fine. I presume common and hdfs too.
>
> MR clearly has issues. Have to manually fix it. Will do something tomorrow first thing.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
>
> On Apr 1, 2013, at 3:53 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
>
>> while trying to commit MAPREDUCE-5113 to branch-2 I've noticed that the
>> CHANGES.txt are out of sync. Commit message are on the wrong releases.
>>
>> I've spent some some time trying to fix it, but I did not find it straight
>> forward to do so.
>>
>> I assume the same may be true for common, hdfs and yarn.
>>
>> I know why we use CHANGES.txt files has been discussed in the past, so I'll
>> not raise a suggestion to get rid of them.
>>
>> Does anybody has a simple list of steps to fix this ?
>>
>> Thx
>>
>> --
>> Alejandro

+