HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Wire Protocol

Re: HBase Wire Protocol
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Matan Amir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has a spec for the wire protocol of HBase (v0.94.x
> compatible)?  I am interested in creating a new native client this would be
> more efficient than reverse-engineering.
>
> Much appreciated!

Best place to look as far as I know is asynchbase.  It manages to ride over
the vagaries and different hbase versions in spite of all we unknowingly
have done to frustrate anyone being able to add a client beyond the one
hbase ships with.  Read the code comments (Hope bad language does not
offend -- smile).

0.96 and beyond should be saner though still being defined (input welcome).

Yours,
St.Ack