Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
HBase >> mail # dev >> 0.92/0.94 compatibility and HBASE-5206


Copy link to this message
-
RE: 0.92/0.94 compatibility and HBASE-5206
Hi

First time this issue was reported, I felt bad because HBASE-5155 was
introduced by me.  I sincerely apologize for the mistake that I did.
Because of my mistake I think all you guys are trying to do some
workarounds.  Sorry for pitching in late to this thread as I was not in town
to access mails.

Next time I share surely be careful in such things.  

Regards
Ram

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gregory Chanan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:00 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lars hofhansl
> Subject: Re: 0.92/0.94 compatibility and HBASE-5206
>
> I filed HBASE-6710.
>
> Greg
>
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 8:21 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > I see. Makes sense. I made a trivial 0.94 patch for HBASE-6268.
> > Can you file a jira for the other changes you describe below?
> >
> > -- Lars
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> >  From: Gregory Chanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 7:42 PM
> > Subject: Re: 0.92/0.94 compatibility and HBASE-5206
> >
> > @Lars: agreed on your point of leaving the name for the 92 znode the
> same.
> >
> > On upgrading a 0.94.0 or 0.94.1 cluster out of sync, I think it would
> work.
> > The 0.94.2 client should work against all 0.94.2, 0.94.1, and 0.94.0
> > versions (and all 0.92.x versions as well).  We just need to apply
> > HBASE-6268 to 0.94.2.  So you would first upgrade the client, then
> the
> > server(s).  The reason this works is because the client, with HBASE-
> 6268
> > applied, can handle the znode being in either the 0.92 or 0.94
> format, it
> > doesn't need to know which is which.  I'll of course test all this
> :).
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 7:02 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Also, if understand this correctly this would not help if somebody
> had
> > > deployed an 0.94.0 or 0.94.1 cluster and want to upgrade the client
> and
> > > server out of sync.
> > > In one configuration the client would work against 0.94.0 and
> 0.94.1 but
> > > not against 0.94.2. In the other configuration the client would
> work
> > > against 0.94.2 but not against 0.94.0 or 0.94.1.
> > >
> > >
> > > There is however and clean upgrade path to 0.92.2 and from there to
> > 0.94.2
> > > if we just fix this in 0.92.2.
> > >
> > >
> > > -- Lars
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > >  From: lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > To: Gregory Chanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 6:34 PM
> > > Subject: Re: 0.92/0.94 compatibility and HBASE-5206
> > >
> > > Sounds complicated. But since you are the folks with customers
> that'll
> > > upgrade to from 0.92 to 0.94, let's do this.
> > >
> > > The only input I'd have is that format we'll use going forward will
> not
> > > have a version attached to it.
> > >
> > > So maybe the 92 version would still be called
> > > "zookeeper.znode.tableEnableDisable" and the new node could have a
> > > different name "zookeeper.znode.tableEnableDisableNew" (or
> something).
> > >
> > > -- Lars
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > > From: Gregory Chanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 5:54 PM
> > > Subject: Re: 0.92/0.94 compatibility and HBASE-5206
> > >
> > >
> > > Actually, I think we can make 0.94.2 compatible with both
> {0.94.0,0.94.1}
> > > and {0.92.0,0.92.1}, although one of those sets will require
> > configuration
> > > changes.
> > >
> > > The basic problem is that there is a znode for each table
> > > "zookeeper.znode.tableEnableDisable" that is handled differently.
> > >
> > > On 0.92.0 and 0.92.1 the states for this table are:
> > > [ disabled, disabling, enabling ] or deleted if the table is
> enabled
> > >
> > > On 0.94.1 and 0.94.2 the states for this table are:
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB