HBase >> mail # dev >> Patches for the offline and online snapshots branches.

Patches for the offline and online snapshots branches.
Hey all,

I'm going to post one more rev for these and then plan on committing
several patches onto the *snapshot branches* (not trunk) tomorrow.
Each piece has gotten at least one review that seems positive (some
don't have explict +1/ship it, some have +1 from non committers).
Please let me know if there are any concerns with this course of
action or if there are particular patches that I shouldn't commit yet
because you are in the middle of a review.

I have and will continue to file more follow-on jira's for problems
found that will block trunk merge.  However, the overhead of keeping a
stack of 4-5 patches on top is quite burdensome and it is difficult
figure out if recent instability is due to environmental issues or due
to recent changes in the code from reviews.  Having code down in this
dev branch will help us improving the same code in one agreed upon
place.

Here's what I plan on committing to the offline snapshot branch:
https://github.com/jyates/hbase/tree/snapshots aka
https://github.com/jmhsieh/hbase/tree/hbase-6055
HBASE-7208 - refactor to foreign exceptions

In a new online snapshot branch: https://github.com/jmhsieh/hbase/tree/snapshots
HBASE-7212 - globally barrier'ed procedure

I'd like to commit these to the online branch as well but this will
depend on how much changes in the latest rev.
HBASE-6864 - online snapshot scaffolding
HBASE-7321 - simple flush online snapshot

At the moment the plan is to keep the online snapshots in separate
branch -- there are plenty of issues with the offline snapshots that
need to be resolved.

Thanks,
Jon.

--