Hadoop >> mail # user >> Regarding reading image files in hadoop

Re: Regarding reading image files in hadoop

On Jun 12, 2011, at 11:15 PM, Nitesh Kaushik wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>                I am Nitesh kaushik, working with institution dealing in
> satellite images. I am trying to read bulk images
>                using Hadoop but unfortunately that is not working, i am not
> getting any clue how to work with images in hadoop
>                Hadoop is working great with text files and producing good
> results.
>
>                 Please tell me how can i deal with image data in hadoop.
The typical problems with using images are:

a) If you are using streaming, you'll likely need to encode the file or upgrade to a version of hadoop that support binary streams over streaming.

b) Either need a custom InputFormat or set the split size to match the file size.