Kafka, mail # user - A consumer keeps stopping

+
Ke Ren 2012-08-25, 20:29
+
Patricio Echagüe 2012-08-25, 20:57
Re: A consumer keeps stopping
Guy Doulberg 2012-08-26, 05:54
Hi

Since I am using a different consumer-group from the one that caused me
these problems, I haven't encountered these problems again.....

On 08/25/2012 11:57 PM, Patricio Echag�e wrote:
> We have experienced the same issue and are still trying to figure out the
> cause.
> On Aug 25, 2012 1:29 PM, "Ke Ren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I am running a kafka instance and a zookeeper instance on the same ec2
>> instance. I have 2 consumer groups on the same topic. They work fine for
>> few days but one of the consumers keeps stopping after few days. I can't
>> see any exception in my application logs or kafka log. The thread of the
>> stopping consumer is still running but consumer can't receive any message.
>> Even I restart my application and it's still the same. I have to restart
>> zookeeper and kafka to make it back to normal.
>>
>> I used the following tool suggested by kafka docs and found owner is null
>> after consumer stops working. also its consumer offset won't change any
>> more.
>>
>> bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.ConsumerOffsetChecker --group mygroup
>> --zkconnect 127.0.0.1:2181 --topic mytopic
>>
>> It's very similar with
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kafka-users/201207.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E
>>
>> Any ideas about it?
>>
>> Thanks