MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop on IPv6

Re: Hadoop on IPv6
Keep the Hadoop cluster and it's network backbone on IPv4. It should be
isolated from the rest of your network for security and performance reasons
already anyway.

Enable IPv6 on your gateway nodes and let clients jump in for access via
the ipv6 network and use the cluster via ipv4 on the gateway node. You
could even setup a web proxy for some of the required sites using nginx or
your favorite proxy server. Leave the ipv6 conversion of the Hadoop cluster
until it is fully supported and well-tested.

--
*
*

Hortonworks - Develops, Distributes and Supports Enterprise Apache
Hadoop.<http://hortonworks.com/>

Hortonworks Virtual Sandbox <http://hortonworks.com/sandbox>

Hadoop: Disruptive Possibilities by Jeff
Needham<http://hortonworks.com/resources/?did=72&cat=1>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE