From: "Mark Grover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 5:03:02 PM
Subject: FAILED: Execution Error, return code -101 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask

Hi all,
I wanted to see if anyone has seen this error before:
Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED: Execution Error, return code -101 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED: Execution Error, return code -101 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask

I issued the query (that failed) from a Java client using Hive JDBC driver. There was already a Hive query running on the cluster that was issued from the Hive CLI. The queries are correct and I have ran them separately without any problem.

To me, it seems like a timeout error which happens when the query issued through the JDBC driver doesn't get scheduled in a stipulated amount of time. Has anyone seen a similar error before? How did you fix it?

Thank you in advance,
Mark

OANDA Corporation

www: oanda.com www: fxtrade.com