HDFS >> mail # dev >> profiling hdfs write path

+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-25, 21:41
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-26, 01:35
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-29, 15:17
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-29, 18:25
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-04, 17:07
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-04, 17:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-12-04, 17:49
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-04, 17:39
+
Eli Collins 2012-12-04, 17:44
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-05, 02:00
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-12-05, 22:21
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-06, 02:02
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-12-06, 23:06
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-08, 04:39
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-08, 12:38
Re: profiling hdfs write path
On 5 December 2012 02:00, Radim Kolar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Agree.  Want to write some?
>>
> Its not about writing patches, its about to get them committed. I have
> experience that getting something committed takes months even on simple
> patch. I have about 10 patches floating around none of them was committed
> in last 4 weeks. They are really simple stuff. I haven't tried to go with
> some more elaborated patch because Bible says: if you fail easy thing, you
> will fail hard thing too.

There is inertia; nobody is happy with it -but that's the price of having
something that's designed to keep PB of data safe.

> I am thinking day by day that i really need to fork hadoop otherwise there
> is no way to move it forward where i need it to be.

A lot of the early hadoop projects chose this path. Once you get out of
sync with the apache code you have two problems
 -keeping your branch up to date with all fixes and features you want.
 -testing
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-26, 03:07