MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: What is the preferred way to pass a small number of configuration parameters to a mapper or reducer

+
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-12-30, 08:24
Re: What is the preferred way to pass a small number of configuration parameters to a mapper or reducer
E. Store them in hbase...
On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Hemanth Yamijala <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If it is a small number, A seems the best way to me.
>
> On Friday, December 28, 2012, Kshiva Kps wrote:
>

>> Which one is current ..
>>

>> What is the preferred way to pass a small number of configuration
>> parameters to a mapper or reducer?
>>

>> *A.  *As key-value pairs in the jobconf object.
>>
>> * *
>>
>> *B.  *As a custom input key-value pair passed to each mapper or reducer.
>>
>> * *
>>
>> *C.  *Using a plain text file via the Distributedcache, which each
>> mapper or reducer reads.
>>
>> * *
>>
>> *D.  *Through a static variable in the MapReduce driver class (i.e., the
>> class that submits the MapReduce job).
>>

>> *Answer: B*

+
Niels Basjes 2012-12-30, 19:38
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-12-31, 08:17
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-12-31, 16:03
+
nagarjuna kanamarlapudi 2012-12-30, 19:02
+
Jonathan Bishop 2012-12-30, 19:08
+
nagarjuna kanamarlapudi 2012-12-30, 08:31
+
Michael Segel 2012-12-30, 16:27