Hadoop, mail # general - [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset

Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Chris Douglas 2011-01-12, 21:57
I had exactly the same reaction when this came up in the past:

http://s.apache.org/l9
http://s.apache.org/5Gv

but our experience with myriad 0.20 variants has demonstrated that
Hadoop can support both a stable branch and a development branch.
Trying to direct effort away from 0.20 by preventing it from happening
in Apache didn't work, and I was wrong to advocate for it. The
interest in a more slow-moving, stable version of Hadoop will exist
whether we give it an outlet in Apache or not, most of us work on both
anyway, so we might as well collaborate in both fora. -C