Hadoop >> mail # general >> locking down wiki.apache.org/hadoop

+
Steve Loughran 2011-12-06, 11:39
Re: locking down wiki.apache.org/hadoop
Steve.

I happen to contributing to Hadoop too from time to time ;)
Please make sure that my name is added to the correct list.

    Wiki account is KonstantinIBoudnik

Thanks,
  Cos

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 11:39AM, Steve Loughran wrote:

> the Hadoop wiki has been collecting a lot of spam links, usually on
> the front page or PoweredBy; these are clearly the high ranking
> destinations. Keeping these links under control is a waste of
> effort.
>
> I propose locking down the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop so
> that before a user can edit it, they need someone with the right
> permissions to grant them access -which we could do via an email to
> the common-dev list
>
> The lock-down process is described here
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm#per_wiki_access_control_-_tighten_your_wiki_just_a_little.2C_benefit_just_a_lot
>
> 1. At the end of the email there's the list of people that have made
> non-spam contributions in the past 90 days;
>
> 2. people with admin rights can add new contributors.
>
> For this I propose adding people who I think are contributors to
> Hadoop or one of the related projects (HBase, Hive, Zookeeper ...) .
>
> The current list I've set up is
>
>  * Arun C Murthy
>  * DmitriyLyubimov
>  * DougCutting
>  * DougMeil
>  * EliCollins
>  * FlavioJunqueira
>  * GaryHelmling
>  * GavinMcDonald
>  * GiridharanKesavan
>  * ErIc14
>  * JoeSchaefer
>  * johanoskarsson
>  * JohnSichi
>  * KonstantinShvachko
>  * LukeLu
>  * mahadevkonar
>  * MattFoley
>  * NigelDaley
>  * OwenOMalley
>  * SebastianBazley
>  * SteveLoughran
>  * stack
>  * ToddLipcon
>  * TomWhite
>  * VinodKumarVavilapalli
>
> I don't know everyone downstream, so email me direct with your wiki
> account and I'll add them or any other asf committer
>
> Reviewing the last 90 day contributor list and filtering out the
> spammers, the initial list of people who should get contributor
> access is below.
>
> Does anyone have any issues/objections to this proposal?
>
> AlexHarchenko
> AlexMargolin
> AndrewTaggart
> AmrAwadallah
> [...]