Flume >> mail # dev >> Need guidance, how to create a patch file

Need guidance, how to create a patch file
Hey, I'm sorry for having to ask this here, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to create a patch file that reflects the addition of a new file to resolve FLUME-1770. Can someone take a second to point me at any instructions on how to do this?

I have tried using "git diff" but it didn't produce any output, nor does "git format-patch". So, I'm very confused. I understand svn well enough to use it, but obviously I can't say the same thing about git.

Thanks

--
Thom DeCarlo