Flume >> mail # user >> Fail over for flume source

+
Abhijeet Shipure 2013-08-27, 09:59
+
Roshan Naik 2013-08-27, 18:36
Re: Fail over for flume source
Hi Rohan,

Thanks for the reply. However I think "Failover Sink processor" is not
solving the issue. My problem is how to manage failover for the Source ?
Like in this case if server on which Flume Source is present is crashed,
Router does not know where to send syslogs.
I was think if something like Red Hat CLustering could be used ? What do
you think ?

Regards
Abhijeet

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Roshan Naik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Take a look at the 'Flume Sink Processor' section in the  User Guide.  The
> subsection  'Failover Sink Processor' would interest you.
> -roshan
>

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 2:59 AM, Abhijeet Shipure <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working on a hadoop based log archival solution where logs are
>> generated by telecom Routers.
>> I have very limited knowledge of the routers but I know that routers will
>> send syslogs to given IP address and port.
>> If we want to use Flume for collecting these syslog, we will run flume
>> agent having Syslog UDP as source and running on the same server where
>> router will send logs.
>> Assuming router can send log messages to only single IP, how can we
>> achieve fail-over for flume agent in such cases ?
>>
>> This is something urgent and any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

>> Regards
>> Abhijeet
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Roshan Naik 2013-10-15, 18:21