Accumulo >> mail # dev >> asciidoc manual

+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-01, 17:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-01, 17:43
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-01, 17:59
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-01, 18:06
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-01, 18:22
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-01, 17:17
+
David Medinets 2013-05-01, 18:42
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-01, 19:38
Re: asciidoc manual
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> The new documents look good but can you turn off java highlighting? I find
> the different colors distracting.

Are there any specific colors that are bothering you?  I don't know if this
is configurable, but we could look into it.  For example, I find the colors
in the pdf much more pleasing than the colors in the html, which are
totally different.  The bright red for string literals seems unnecessary.

Billie

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > I've been experimenting with converting the user manual to asciidoc.  On
> > balance, I think the resulting html and pdf are better than our existing
> > ones, and the maintenance will be easier.  For a preview, see
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~billie/asciidoc_user_manual
> >
> > In particular
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~billie/asciidoc_user_manual/accumulo_user_manual.html
> > and
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~billie/asciidoc_user_manual/accumulo_user_manual.pdf
> >
> > To generate these documents, I installed asciidoc, dblatex, and
> > source-highlight, then ran the following commands.
> >
> > To generate html: asciidoc -a toc -d book accumulo_user_manual.txt
> > To generate xml: asciidoc -a toc -b docbook -d book
> > accumulo_user_manual.txt
> > To generate pdf: dblatex -tpdf accumulo_user_manual.xml
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Billie

+
David Medinets 2013-05-03, 21:18